- Define policies: Define access control policies using contextual metadata — e.g. classifications, business terms, etc.
- Link metadata: Add contextual metadata to data assets and their fields. This could be a combination of any of the following.
- Automatically setting contextual metadata.
- Propagating metadata across assets.
- Human assignment or overrides for the contextual metadata
These policies create either tag-based or attribute-based access control. When onboarding new assets or fields, just add the same contextual metadata. Access control is then applied to the new assets and fields, without any new policies.
You can also automate the addition of contextual metadata to some degree.
Make access controls easy to set up.
Maintain once, distribute anywhere access policies
Protect data regardless which tools are used to access it.
Security and compliance reporting
Report on interrelated metadata for security or compliance purposes.
Automated key rotations
Automate the rotation of keys used for data store credentials to improve security.