Masterclass by WeWork
How a 15-member data team created a self-service platform for 1,500 data users
WeWork’s journey towards trust, transparency, and governance with Atlan, Snowflake, and dbt
In the last three years, the WeWork data team has been through a lot. In this session we’ll deep dive into their journey and reflect on the WeWork data platform team's work in rolling out internal platforms and frameworks, including the building of Marquez (their famous open-source project for lineage), and implementing a new, resilient data stack.
- Adopting a modern data stack with Snowflake, dbt, and Atlan
- Digging deep into user pains through a data product thinking mindset
- Finding the right metadata platform through an in-depth evaluation process
- Implementing with an Agile-based approach, including column-level lineage
- Building a data community through programs like WeWork University
- Structuring the team behind it all and building a DataOps function
Where it started 18 months ago
Building a self-serve ecosystem, together.
“Atlan is giving us the leverage to serve data to the entire company while keeping a lean data team. We’re building together to shape the future of data platforms at large.”
Register for the Masterclass
1,500 data users. 15-person data team. Don't miss WeWork’s no-BS, inside story of building trust in data with Atlan.