Gartner Data & Analytics Summit 2024: Here’s Everything You Need to Know
Share this article
Gartner Data & Analytics Summit 2024 is a series of conferences tailored for data leaders and practitioners.
In the US, it’s scheduled for March 11-13 in Orlando, Florida. This event will facilitate networking and knowledge exchange, helping data practitioners connect with D&A experts, learn from peers, and understand what to expect in 2024.
This article will provide a glimpse of what to expect at the Gartner Data & Analytics Summit 2024.
Modern data problems require modern solutions - Try Atlan, the data catalog of choice for forward-looking data teams! 👉 Book your demo today
Table of contents
- What is Gartner Data & Analytics Summit?
- What to expect from Gartner Data & Analytics Summit 2024
- FAQs about the Gartner D&A Summit 2024
- Summing up
- Related reads
What is Gartner Data & Analytics Summit?
Gartner Data & Analytics Summit is a series of events for D&A leaders and executives from all over the world to learn, engage, and network. These events take place in multiple locations globally and help gather insights into the top trends in data and analytics, data management, modern data architectures, governance, and more.
In 2024, the theme for Gartner D&A Summit is “Generating Value Together: From Data to AI to Collective Intelligence.” According to Gartner, 2024 is the time to “mobilize the synergy of human expertise, data, analytics, and AI to optimize business value and outcomes by making the best connected decisions.”
The six key tracks for the event are in the areas of:
- Business value
- Data management
- Trust, Governance, and Culture
The event will also have an exclusive program for data and analytics leaders called The CDAO Circle.
What to expect from Gartner Data & Analytics Summit 2024
Gartner D&A Summit 2024 will feature:
- Keynotes from D&A leaders and experienced Gartner analysts
- Ask the Expert sessions
- Gartner Magic Quadrant™ sessions and Market Guides
- Solution Provider sessions with real-world case studies, advice, and best practices
- The CDAO Circle for chief data and analytics officers to network and explore strategies, ideas, and more
- Interactive workshops
Note: The list of sessions and speakers is still being updated.
Let’s explore some of these events further.
Keynotes at Gartner D&A Summit 2024 in Orlando, Florida
2024’s opening keynote is on generating value in the age of Generative AI. VP Analysts Debra Logan and Ehtisham Zaidi will discuss Generative AI being at an inflection point, its implications for data and analytics leaders, and the opportunities that lay ahead.
This year, Gartner has also invited guest speakers from MIT Media Lab and The New York Times to deliver guest keynotes.
Ask the Expert sessions
These sessions feature Gartner analysts offering insights on various topics from LLMs and data integration to data quality challenges. Some of these sessions are:
- Large Language Models (LLMs) by Maryam Hassanlou, Sr Principal Analyst, Gartner: Addressing questions about generative AI and LLMs, offering practical advice on implementing use cases, and more
- Everything you wanted to know about the data fabric but were afraid to ask by Ehtisham Zaidi, VP Analyst, Gartner: Exploring the concept and benefits of investing in the data fabric, architecture components, implementation, vendors, best practices, and more
- How can you leverage technologies to solve data quality challenges by Melody Chien, Sr Director Analyst, Gartner: Looking into modern data quality solutions, automating quality check processes, and learning about data quality-related technologies
Gartner Magic Quadrant™ sessions and Market Guides
The conference will also analyze Gartner’s latest magic quadrants and market guides. Gartner will discuss key vendors, evaluation criteria, technologies, and more.
- Magic Quadrant for Data Integration Tools by Nina Showell, Principal Analyst, Gartner
- Magic Quadrant for Analytics and Business Intelligence Platforms by Kurt Schlegel, VP Analyst, Gartner
- Magic Quadrant for Augmented Data Quality Solutions by Melody Chien, Sr Director Analyst, Gartner
The CDAO Circle
The CDAO Circle “provides targeted content, workshops, and networking opportunities” for data and analytics leaders at the conference. These sessions will include:
- Leadership Exchange: State of Data and Analytics in 2024 by Brian Foster, Managing VP, Gartner, and Carlie Idoine, VP Analyst, Gartner: Analyzing the findings from Gartner’s 2024 CDAO survey and understanding the strategic priorities for 2024
- Roundtable on Building a Data-Driven Culture — What Practical Steps Is Your Team Taking? by Nate Novosel, VP Analyst, Gartner: Discovering the elements that truly matter in using data to support business strategy and learning what steps to take
- Multigroup Roundtable on Business Value Driven Metrics for D&A by Brian Foster, Managing Vice President, Gartner: Understanding what can be classified as outcome-driven D&A metrics and learning how to use them to gauge performance in key D&A areas
Gartner’s D&A Summit will also have interactive sessions to help implement the learnings from various sessions. Some of the workshops that are scheduled to take place at the conference in Orlando include:
- How to Link Data and Analytics to Business Outcome by Andrew White, Distinguished VP Analyst, Gartner: Learning how to connect the P&L and balance data in an ERP system or data lake, discovering the data assets offering the most significant business impact, and more
- Create a Robust AI Strategy — From Plan to Execution by Arun Chandrasekaran, Distinguished VP Analyst, Gartner: Learning how to identify the right use cases and developing a strategy document that will harness the potential of GenAI
- Deploy Data and Analytics Governance for Success by Guido De Simoni, VP Analyst, Gartner: Discovering how to identify the right objectives for data and analytics governance initiatives, setting up a proper operating model, develop effective KPIs, and choosing the right technology to implement and scale governance
Find more information about the Gartner Data & Analytics Summit 2024 schedule on the event agenda here.
FAQs about the Gartner D&A Summit 2024
Who should attend the Gartner Data and Analytics Summit?
The Gartner Data & Analytics Summit is for data professionals from all over the world in attendance. These include:
- Heads of data and analytics, CDOs, CAOs, CDAOs
- Analytics and business intelligence leaders
- Information management and MDM roles
- Architects and IT practitioners
The event will also have several prominent data & analytics solution providers as exhibitors. This will help in learning about the current vendor landscape, analyzing product capabilities, comparing solutions, and building relationships with executives from vendor companies.
Some of the exhibitors at the Gartner D&A Summit 2024 in Orlando are Databricks, Salesforce, AWS, Microsoft, Snowflake, Atlan, Monte Carlo, Denodo, Fivetran, and Google Cloud.
When is Gartner Data & Analytics Summit 2024? Where is it being held?
Gartner Data & Analytics Summit will be held from March 11-13, 2024 in Orlando, Florida, USA at Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort.
The summit will also take place at five other locations across the world:
- March 26-27, 2024 in Sao Paulo Brazil at Sheraton Sao Paulo WTC Hotel
- April 24-25, 2024 in Mumbai, India at The Westin Mumbai Powai Lake
- May 13-15, 2024 in London, UK at ExCeL London
- May 21-23, 2024 in Tokyo, Japan at Grand Nikko Tokyo Daiba
- July 29-30, 2024 in Sydney, Australia at ICC Sydney
Who are the speakers at Gartner Data & Analytics Summit 2024 in Orlando, Florida?
The speakers at Gartner’s D&A Summit 2024 in Orlando are some of the world’s leading data and analytics experts and thought leaders. Guest keynote speakers include Kate Darling, a leading expert in Social Robotics from MIT Media Lab, and David Kwong from The New York Times.
Gartner experts speaking at the event include Distinguished VP Analysts Mark Beyer and Frances Karamouzis, Sr Director Analyst Donna Madeiros, and VP Analyst Kurt Schlegel, among others.
Here’s the complete list of speakers at the Gartner D&A Summit 2024. Just like the sessions, the list of speakers is also being updated constantly.
How much will attending Gartner Data & Analytics Summit 2024 cost?
The early-bird price for Gartner D&A Summit 2024 in Orlando, Florida is $4,125. This is valid until January 19, 2024, after which the standard price is $4,525 per person.
The full registration price offers access to:
- Keynote sessions
- Gartner expert one-on-one
- Ask the Expert sessions
- Solution Provider Engagement Zone
- Chief Data Analytics Officer (CDAO) Circle
The Gartner Conference Navigator app will act as the conference hub. The app can help in checking out the sessions, building an agenda, registering for interactive experiences, and scheduling meetings.
Summing up: Here’s what to expect from Gartner Data & Analytics Summit 2024
Gartner Data & Analytics Summit 2024 is an investment in future-proofing an organization’s data landscape, along with its management and governance. The event is structured around six key tracks, with GenAI and its impact featuring prominently under each track.
The conference will offer a diverse range of sessions, including keynotes and workshops from industry leaders and experienced Gartner analysts to workshops. The CDAO Circle is an exclusive program at this year’s event, providing targeted content and networking opportunities for data and analytics leaders.
Attending Gartner’s D&A Summit 2024 in Orlando, Florida will be an excellent opportunity to stay updated on the latest trends, network with peers and D&A leaders, and get valuable insights to navigate the evolving landscape of data and analytics.
Gartner Data & Analytics Summit: Related reads
- Gartner Data Catalog Research Guide
- Gartner Active Metadata Management
- Gartner on Data Mesh
- Gartner on Data Fabric
- Gartner on Data Lineage
- Gartner on DataOps
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for Metadata Management
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Quality
Share this article