LinkedIn DataHub Demo: Explore DataHub in a Pre-configured Sandbox Environment
Share this article
Here’s a hosted Demo environment for you to try DataHub — LinkedIn’s open-source metadata platform.
Is Open Source really free? Estimate the cost of deploying an open-source data catalog 👉 Download Free Calculator
For a quick understanding of what LinkedIn DataHub is, the kind of use cases it powers and how to use it, check this video and others in the DataHub youtube channel.
What is LinkedIn Datahub?
DataHub is an open-source metadata platform that was built at LinkedIn to solve challenges of data discovery, data observability, and federated governance.
A high-level view of LinkedIn Datahub architecture gives us two main components:
- A framework of building the mesh of metadata services, which is called DataHub GMA
- An application to enable end-user productivity and governance use-cases that are resolved by this mesh of metadata services called DataHub App
LinkedIn DataHub Toolkit
While playing around in the hosted demo environment, you may also want to employ the following to hone your understanding of this open-source data catalog:
Considering building your data catalog on top of LinkedIn DataHub? Taking demos from select open-source data catalog tools or data catalog vendors is actually a crucial step in the evaluation journey of finding the right data catalog for your organization. Download this ultimate guide with all the 5 steps to the evaluation process.
Also, read our compilation of the most popular open source data catalog tools to consider in 2021 to get a snapshot of your options.
If you are a data consumer or producer and looking to deploy a data catalog and metadata management for your own team — while weighing your build vs buy options — you might want to check out Atlan - a third-generation data catalog built for the modern data stack.
Atlan Demo: Data Catalog for the Modern Data Stack
Resources to get started on LinkedIn DataHub
- DataHub set up and installation tutorial: A step-by-step guide to setting up LinkedIn’s open-source data catalog tool.
- Data Catalog: Does Your Business Really Need One?
- A gentle introduction to DataHub: LinkedIn’s open-source tool to tackle data discovery challenges.
- Amundsen vs DataHub: What is the difference? Which data discovery tool should you choose?
- Open-source data catalog software: 5 popular tools to consider in 2023
Share this article